rss
email
twitter
facebook

August 16, 2010

The World Theater V - The Voyeur of Taste

It sounds a little perverted, I know. I do not know to what extent it will. The truth is that I discovered over time, I enjoyed watching others enjoy. And do not think of the carnal pleasures, I do not talk about sex, as understood in the classic voyeurism. If you like, you can jump now to another page or another subject.

You see, I've never been a person of great passions or hobbies. I enjoy things in moderation, and although I like most things, I can not say that I go crazy for any food, drink, entertainment, theme, activity, color, or day of the year. I guess that is neither good nor bad, but sometimes I would like to find a hobby or sport that concentrated all my effort and enthusiasm. Like those compulsive collectors, film buffs, marathon runners or football fans that can make their passion almost a reason for living. Well, maybe I exaggerate a bit, but you understand me, isn’t it?

The point is that perhaps this absence in the extreme pleasures, has led me to notice the pleasure that others find in these things. So, when a fellow is enjoying a good Scotch, or sucking a cigar with pleasure, or eating with great relish a good ham sandwich, when a friend is pleased to wear those elegant clothes that make her happy, when some parents drool with the trifles of their baby, when I accompany a friend on his favorite sport or hobby, I watch and enjoy.

Image: Mantas Ruzveltas / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

Do not ask me why, I do not want psychoanalysis. And after all, this is better than those who feel good upsetting everyone around them. Call it empathy, I do not know, but the more you enjoy, the more I do.

0 comentarios:

Post a Comment

 
Licencia de Creative Commons
Phototraps by Iván Cosos J.N.S.P.S. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.