rss
email
twitter
facebook

September 24, 2010

The World Theatre X - The Time Machine

As I get older, I notice that the days go by without hardly noticing. If I have to listen to those who are older than me, this effect will worsen more and more. So I find myself in a painful situation where I not only feel the days, weeks, months, go by like a quick dream, but they do increasingly faster. I see myself in a state of senile prostration in just a couple of blinks.

 Image: Salvatore Vuono / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

I have been documenting and reflecting on the phenomenon, to try to remedy it. But I have not yet found a satisfactory explanation. I am pondering some assumptions, namely:
  • The perception of time accelerates as we stop our learning: all these eons of waiting when you're a kid (minutes actually) appear only because our infant heads are hungry of stimuli all the time
  • The lack of a Zen attitude, causes us alienation and we live a present moment stolen by our headaches, lack of attention and undisciplined mind that wanders to and fro, over twenty topics at once
  • Our lives become more and more routine, always doing the same thing the same way, without the ability to surprise or anticipate
In any case I have no doubt that this problem, so to speak, is found only in our heads, and that only we have the key, if not to stop, at least to slow this machine that rapidly consumes the moments of our short lives. I still have not found that key. Have you?

2 comentarios:

Natacha said...

Welcome to my world !
I personnally think that our perception of time is distorted by our conscience of mortality.
Because of it, from the moment you get older, postponment becomes a meaningless word so... unless you renounce to your dreams or desires, how to escape from this feeling of emergency? when you're so acutely aware that time never stops!

Iván Cosos J.N.S.P.S. said...

Hi Natacha,
You are right, the perception of the finite time we have been given may contribute as well. And may be also the amount of objectives in our lifes, because, there is always time for doing nothing...

Post a Comment

 
Licencia de Creative Commons
Phototraps by Iván Cosos J.N.S.P.S. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.