rss
email
twitter
facebook

October 04, 2010

Odious Comparisons X – Dubbed version

Sometimes I find myself in the circumstance of having to choose between going to the cinema to watch a movie in original version, and another dubbed film. My choice is easy. The dubbed version. Always.
It seems not to be chic, or more trendy not wanting to see the movie in its original soundtrack, hearing the actors with their real voices. However I want to relax in the movies. I do not pay a ticket to work. To me it is a completely unnecessary focus effort. I can not watch what the actors say (do not misunderstand me, I speak English, but still an effort for me that prevents me from enjoying the film), if there are subtitles. I'm inevitably looking at them (and often I have little time to read) and I miss the images, gestures. It's almost like reading a script.


Some will say then, that the version I see is not genuine. I deny it categorically. Fortunately, we have in this country some superb translators (although criticized in a previous post) and dubbing actors and actresses, in my view, that do not let the final product miss a touch of drama. It is different, you claim? Well, different from what? Different from the version that the director had in mind? The editor’s version? Or maybe the Studios final version? Perhaps the dubbing changes it somehow, but I see no harm to the result, which ultimately is the result of a large group of people with creative talents.

From here my emphatic salute to the dubbing actors and actresses in the country and their wonderful work.

0 comentarios:

Post a Comment

 
Licencia de Creative Commons
Phototraps by Iván Cosos J.N.S.P.S. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.